1965 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS Z-16 Regal Red with Red Interior "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Auto World
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1965 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS Z-16 Regal Red with Red Interior "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) die cast model car by Auto World.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Officially licensed product.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-3.75, H-3 inches.
- For 1965, someone at Chevy had the crazy idea to cram a 396 cu. in. Mark IV V8 engine into a mid-size Chevelle, and highly publicize it to get the Chevy brand on the muscle car map. The result was the Z-16, which denoted the option code used on the build sheet. Chevy had indeed created a monster! It was labeled their best, complete, and well rounded muscle car of that time. The Z-16 was far more than just a special engine upgrade. This 4-speed included a narrowed rear axle from the full-size Impala, heavy-duty power brakes, heavy-duty suspension, virtually all luxury options, a 160 mph speedometer, plus many more upgrades. Only 201 Z-16 Chevelles were made in 1965 making it one of the most sought-after collector cars on the market. Out of the 201 that were built, only 72 are known to exist today.