1965 Ford Mustang A/FX "BatCar" Black with Red Stripes and Graphics Limited Edition to 1086 pieces Worldwide 1/18 Diecast Model Car by ACME
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1965 Ford Mustang A/FX "BatCar" Black with Red Stripes and Graphics Limited Edition to 1086 pieces Worldwide die cast model car by ACME.
- Brand new box.
- Has a roll cage.
- Detailed chassis.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has drag parachute.
- Has removable hood.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Opening doors and trunk.
- Officially licensed product.
- Plumbed and wired engine.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-9.75, W-3.5, H-3 inches.
- As the drag wars heated up among the factory hot rods, the Factory Experimental category of racing grew wildly in its popularity. The BATCAR, sponsored by the famous Rice & Homan Ford dealer, was one of 10 Mustangs commissioned by Ford to be made into purpose-built drag cars by the Holman & Moody team. The pilot of the BATCAR was one of the most accomplished drag racers of the day, Al Joniec. Al and the 427 cammer powered Mustang would set numerous records together. One of their quarter mile passes was 8.70 seconds at 170mph! Another cool fact about the BATCAR is that it was one of the first A/FX cars to move the body back on the chassis to maximize weight transfer for racing, leading to the term "funny car".